The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve systems of democracy and justice in the United States. We work to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all. Brennan Center’s work ranges from voting rights to campaign finance reform, from ending mass incarceration to preserving Constitutional protection in the fight against terrorism. Part think tank, part advocacy group, part cutting edge communications hub, we start with rigorous research. We craft innovative policies. And we fight for them – in Congress and the states, the courts, and in the court of public opinion.
The Brennan Center is developing a new CRM system (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack) to meet growing contact management demands across the organization, especially in fundraising, digital communications, advocacy, and relationship management. We seek a CRM Database Manager to run the launch of the database; implement effective roll-out and training; and manage on-going development and administration of the database. This position will help power all marketing, events, and fundraising activity for the organization. This person will actively train staff, set organizational standards, and partner with teams and staff to creatively maximize Salesforce capabilities for all parts of the Brennan Center.
- Manage an effective final stage of conversion from internal databases to a new Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) instance;
- Run an effective training and institutional adoption program for users throughout the organization;
- Develop standards, policies, and protocols for how the database is used and ensure that staff follow them;
- Oversee all data quality and maintenance;
- Act as main Salesforce Administrator for the organization; oversee the daily operation of the database, including by providing technical support for employees and handling all Salesforce-related support inquiries from employees and by providing on-going training;
- Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate Leads, Contacts, and Accounts, performing mass uploads, and updating data, as required, and removing unnecessary fields and data;
- Manage new releases of NPSP and efficiently roll out new features; maintain a high level of technical proficiency in Salesforce configuration and updates;
- Research and maintain knowledge of relevant third-party tools already in use and research other apps to be used in conjunction with Salesforce to meet organizational needs;
- Manage the web integration with Salesforce;
- Partner with staff in fundraising, communications, and programs to leverage Salesforce capabilities.
- Technical savvy and a deep understanding of and experience with Salesforce; a love of data and its uses;
- Salesforce Admin Certification (or intention to pass the certification exam);
- 3-6 years database management experience in an organization with diverse data needs;
- Experience with conversion and roll-out preferable, but not required;
- The people skills and ability to collaborate effectively with diverse users in fundraising, communications, IT, and programs; ability to translate and explain technical information and users’ needs;
- Creative thinker and solutions orientation, an enthusiasm for troubleshooting;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; user training experience;
- Ability to prioritize and juggle effectively among many demands;
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred, but not required;
- Passion for accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Commitment to democracy, justice, and issues of the rule of law.
Salary: The salary is competitive in the field and commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is available as well.
Applications: Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and decisions will be made as soon as exemplary candidates are identified. To apply, visit http://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/0pkueZ4qeo/CRM-Database-Manager. Please upload the following application materials: cover letter (copy and paste where indicated), resume, and contact information for three references. No phone calls or faxes. Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you have difficulty with the online system, you may send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “CRM Database Manager” in the subject line, after registering in the online system. Applying through our website is strongly preferred.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center:
- Hires staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity;
- Considers and hires applicants who have been previously incarcerated;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.