Digital Campaign Associate
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve the systems of democracy and justice in the United States. We work to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all. The Brennan Center’s work ranges from voting rights to census protection, from ending mass incarceration to preserving constitutional protections in the fight against terrorism. Part think tank, part legal advocacy group, part cutting-edge communications hub, we start with rigorous research. We craft innovative policies. And we fight for them—in the courts, in Congress and the states, and the court of public opinion.
The Digital Campaign Associate reports to the Managing Director, Comms and supports the Senior Digital Campaign Producer and the Digital Strategist. The Digital Campaign Associate produces digital media content for the Brennan Center for Justice’s email newsletters, advocacy and fundraising sends, program outreach, and website. S/he is responsible for day-to-day content production and testing as well as interpreting metrics and results and helping to increase visibility and engagement across all of Brennan Center for Justice’s digital channels. The Digital Campaign Associate will possess experience with HTML and CSS, large email program production experience, and ideally Drupal or similar CMS.
Note: This position is based in New York City. Staff currently work in the office 3 days a week.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce digital content in support of a multidisciplinary team that manages online advocacy, social media, the website, digital advertising, the national email program, online campaigning, and online fundraising.
- Manage the end-to-end email production process, including scheduling, content production, testing, proof review, and deployment.
- Help produce and test HTML emails for newsletters, fundraising, and action alerts; collaborate on acquisition campaigns and devising email A/B tests and re-engagement opportunities.
- Create and enhance templates for email newsletters and other digital communications.
- Collaborate with Communications and program staff to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of our programmatic work and to generate web traffic and email list growth.
- Help collect website, advocacy, and fundraising metrics to results to optimize content and campaigns.
- Collaborate with other media, editorial, design, and events teams to ensure consistency in messaging and branding.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and emerging trends in digital marketing and email strategy.
- Assist with weekend web and social media publishing as part of a rotating coverage schedule.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience, in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing and email strategy.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Large email program production experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Passion for the Brennan Center’s mission and a commitment to our core values.
The Brennan Center is committed to advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace. We continuously work with our staff to find new ways to increase diversity and to build and cultivate an inclusive and equitable work environment, where everyone can be their true-self and feel a strong sense of belonging. As such, we seek to hire employees who have a commitment to and/or experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion. In addition, we expect employees to participate/contribute with DEI initiatives or activities with recruitment, retention, and workplace culture.
To Apply: To apply, please visit https://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/Kb1CLMXbFQ/Digital-Campaign-Associate and upload a cover letter, resume and references. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and decisions will be made as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified. We prefer applications to be submitted through our website. If you have difficulty uploading these items as one document, e-mail them to email@example.com with “Digital Campaign Associate” in the subject line.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a scaled position. The salary range assigned for the scale is $70,000 - $75,000 and has been determined based on market competitiveness. Additionally, we offer a very robust and competitive array of benefits such as a generous time off program, 401k plan, comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), and wellness and office perks.
In addition, this position is part of a bargaining unit represented by the National Organization of Legal Services Workers, UAW local 2320.
Note: The Brennan Center is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and visitors. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees working in the New York and Washington, DC offices to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including having a booster, or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center
- Welcomes applicants with disabilities and applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, socioeconomic identities, sexual orientations, and national origin or citizenship, including people who have been previously incarcerated;
- Hires diverse candidates and works to improve our recruitment practices to allow for such
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.